Content Marketing is one of the major key aspects of Digital marketing. it can be defined as the strategy where you present your content in such a way that it is must provide immense value to the customers, i.e., valuable, consistent, and reliable content. If you are unable to get the users hooked in your business, you cannot increase your value in this super-competitive era.
Internet usage has increased gradually in the past years, we are unable to imagine our day-to-day activities without the internet. The first thing that we do before starting the day is switching on the mobile internet and getting recent updates and notifications from social media sites or different applications.
The estimates suggest that almost 3.9 billion people are active on mobile internet devices! This is truly a huge amount of audience to target for. If the businesses are able to target at least a small audience of 3.9 billion. Just imagine how even this small amount can be of immense value to the businesses. The current statistics suggest that 92% of B2B Marketers and 82% of B2C marketers use content marketing as a key strategy to increase their overall business value and mainly 26 percent of all marketing budgets are spent on content marketing.
As this article corresponds to the past also. Let us have a quick discussion about the history of content marketing. You might be wondering that content marketing is not that old and it has recently got immense popularity among marketers. But that is a big NO!
History of Content Marketing :
A lot of industry experts say John Deere's The Furrow is the start of Content Marketing strategy. This states that the practice is almost 120 years old!!
Justin Hall of Swarthmore College created the first blog in 1994. Blogs are a great strategy to present your content effectively to the users. Blogs allow the marketers to add text, images, video, etc, and display the content in an enhanced manner. If a visitor likes your presentation of content, chances are there that you will be able to turn that user into a potential customer. Blogs are shareable content that the users share on social media sites which also leads to an increase in the visitors to your website.
Nowadays, content marketing is just not extended to writing blogs only, videos, e-books, product descriptions are also available for the users to make the content more engaging for them.
It is said that -
"Content is the most powerful weapon in any brand’s arsenal as the proliferation of the internet has shifted the brand-consumer power dynamic, placing control squarely in the hands of buyers."
When you are interacting with the customers, content is the most important aspect that is taken into consideration. You need to deliver your content in such a way that the users feel connected in a personalized way. This approach will end up in an increase in lead generation thereby converting more users into potential customers.
Present Scenario : Content Marketing
Let me present you with some recent statistics first! It suggests that blogs are responsible for 97% of inbound links. Almost 60-65% of marketers are using blogging strategy to promote their businesses. Some are using social media websites, while some are using infographics to present their content in a more effective manner. It suggests that businesses are using all the available channels to attract prospects, rather than going for one of the two channels, businesses are trying to get the most out of it.
Changes in the Content Marketing Industry
The marketing history has undergone a lot of changes over years. The businesses are trying their best to attract potential customers thereby increasing their business value.
- Prefer QUALITY OVER QUANTITY: The users favor quality over quantity. If even though you have presented a small content but it is able to attract your potential customers, then I don't think you need to raise your amount of content! Social Media Marketing is what businesses usually prefer, as most users are active on social media sites, it is easier to present your content and attract prospects.
- 'Content' is the most important factor: Businesses should focus on the content they are conferring to the users. The content should be presented in such a way that users must feel connected to your product or services, which leads to an increase in the number of prospects.
- Focus on your Audience: The businesses must have a clear idea of what kind of users they will be attracting for a product or service. It is a normal thing that not all users will feel connected to a product you are presenting to them. It is better to segment your audience and attract those people whom you can easily convert into potential customers.
- It is all about the users' data: This section also plays an important part in creating the marketing strategy. Some businesses feel that this data allows them to reach effectively to the users but some feel that a small amount of users' data is also helpful for them.
Benefits of Content Marketing:
- Generating Search Engine Traffic: When you are using blogs as a source of generating leads, content is the main point that is taken into consideration. It depends only on the content that were you able to generate trust within your customers? and in turn got good and consistent search traffic?
- Creating Natural Engagement: It is not just limited to writing a blog post, even as many brands rely largely on procuring good search traffic. A brand that invests in the social media channels like Facebook or Instagram tends to create natural engagement when the content they share resonates with the audience.
- Boost sales - What truly makes content marketing sole, is its ability to generate marketing-qualified leads. With the right kind of content, brands are able to instruct prospects about their products and how they will enhance their lives in the nearby future, thereby generating leads for your business.
- Build brand’s reputation and loyalty - With uniformity in messaging, brands create a unique identity for their businesses and are able to build their reputation among users. Customers after getting connected with your brand, try to get the same uniqueness and attachment every time they re-connect with you. So, make sure you are able to reach up to their expectations every single time.
- Promotes domain authority - It assures that your website must possess a higher domain authority in the google search results thereby getting more search traffic for your website.
How to generate Content ideas?
As technology is increasing every single day, businesses now have a chance to look up to a wide variety of tools for generating content ideas. These tools offer a lot of ideas and strategies that you can implement to attract prospects.
Many businesses face a primary roadblock in their marketing strategies, i.e., Volume, generating plenty of content will help you to get your users pinned into your services. A good amount of content allows users to understand your products and services in a much better and effective way. But, if you are unable to get users hooked in your business and you are getting a large amount of lapsed users, this clearly suggests you need to re-implement your marketing strategy as this one didn't actually yield better results for your business.
Content Marketing Strategy
The way in which you distribute, promote, or elaborate your content has a direct impact on how your message is received and how far it has reached.
Simply having the right distribution channels in place isn’t necessarily enough to make your content achieve its full potential. You also need to optimize those specific channels to ensure they’re being maximized.
For instance, if you want to increase your email marketing conversions but don’t have email lists segmented effectively by public varieties, you could be targeting too many people at once – and thereby converting no one at all.
Content Marketing trends : 2021
The marketing sector is reaching new heights every day. As I presented the recent statistics in the start of the article that the number of people who are active on mobile internet is actually a huge number, and think, if you are able to target some of the users from that huge number! Imagine how this number is going to drive your business to an unbelievable next level!
Let us have a look at the recent marketing trends major labels and businesses look up to in the recent coming years-
- Value-driven content is what matters the most
- Usage of Content templates
- Interactive, Thriving and well-designed content
- Usage of AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Original research is what matters the most
- Machine generated content is a thing
- Content will be more focused on mobile devices
- A rise in the creation of google accounts
So, concluding the article, we had a brief discussion about the hot topic these days in the marketing sector - Content Marketing!
If you have any suggestions and queries, Please feel free to comment below.