If you are an online shop owner on Shopify, then you would also be looking for tips to increase Shopify sales. Even after trying a lot of marketing techniques, sales and revenue does not increase. In fact, their expenditure swells. Because businesses don’t know which marketing strategy will work for them, so they just do trial and error. Today we are going to discuss such a marketing technique that has been proven effective for most of the businessman who has implemented it successfully. From the title you might have already got it, Email marketing it is. It is the most used marketing tool which has helped the business to deliver value directly to the customer, also it is an excellent tool to communicate with the customers. Apart from these, email marketing makes a relationship between you and your business which in the long term gives you customers who are loyal and repeating.
Let’s start from the basics. What is Email marketing?
Email marketing is a marketing channel where you can communicate with your prospects and leads by sending them an email regarding your offerings directly on their pc or smartphones. It is a process through which you can convert your prospects and leads into the paid customers. It is a classic marketing tool that is very pocket-friendly, trusted by many businesses, and gives very lucrative ROI. Email marketing gives you the opportunity to make a bond with your customers which is going to last longer and increases customer’s lifetime value. Also, Emails are highly personalized and sent to the targeted audience for whom the offerings are meant for.
Email marketing helps the business to build the brand and make people aware of your business, builds customer loyalty, and boosts your sales.
Email Marketing Ideas to boost Shopify store sales
1. Increase your subscribers base: In the world of digital marketing, there are companies promoting their products and services on every possible platform. Let's talk about social media; you will see more promotions than genuine posts. But is it going to make an impact on the people? It's very unlikely that your leads and customers are going to pay any attention to random advertising posts appearing on their smartphones.
But this isn't the case with Emails. People are still more attentive to any email appearing on the mobiles, they might ignore any other notification but the email they never fail to read. Moreover, social media advertising very short and crisp, which creates a hurdle in adding more details, but in the case of emails, it gives businesses more space to properly introduce the product as well as to communicate the utility of the product. The value proposition in email marketing which is being communicated to the customers, is much greater than other marketing channels. This makes customers make decisions much quicker.
To get started with email marketing, increase your subscriber base by actively promoting your newsletters, articles, and other updates regarding your Shopify store so that it will start creating your brand image among your customers. Regularly run the signup campaigns and give incentives and rewards to join. Try to gain as many leads as possible. Remember the thumb rule, not all leads are going to be your paid customers, so the more the number of signups, the more the number of customers.
2. Reduce abandoned Cart: If your customers visit your website and add any product and leave the website before checking out, then after 15-20 minutes, you can send them a notification stating that you forgot to check out or your cart is waiting to be checked out. You need to call the customer by his name; personalizing the notification will increase the probability of it being opened. You need to add a call to action in the notification itself to encourage the customer to take action. Also, you may choose to highlight the features of the product in a separate email, which will eventually make the customer aware of its specifications, and then he could decide to proceed. In order o persuade the customer, you can also give him an attractive offer or discount, which will increase the probability of him buying the product.
Merchants need to keep an eye on the customer's abandoned cart because it is something every businessman would like to target. Abandoned carts are extra revenue which they will never want to lose. Thus, with some extra efforts, you can target such customers.
3. Make your Email campaign better: Just adding more people to your email list and sending them a bunch of messages doesn't go to help you much. It must be a very planned and perfectly designed process, and you must be ready with all the emails before the actual campaign begins. Once you are ready with your plan, then you can run the campaign by sharing valuable emails, which will make your Email marketing channel very effective. Let's discuss it in detail.
Once a new user visits your website, there are high chances he would never visit again if you do not maintain a relationship with him. Also, he might not know all the services/products you offer to him. So to maintain the relationship with the user and to enlighten him with your offerings, flow acts as an essential tool. Flows are nothing but series of automated/Pre-programmed emails which are sent to users after frequent intervals triggered by the actions of the user. An email flow starts with a welcome message followed by the user guide, product information updates, and later call to action. Email flow may vary from person to person depending upon their activities, preferences, and choices. But from an understanding perspective, we will show you how a flow works and what kind of Emails you must send according to its sequence.
- Welcome message: Once a user opts to sign up to your push notification service, you can greet him with a welcome message. It must include what business you do and how customers will benefit from your service. Also, you must clearly communicate to him that you are going to send a series of Emails that will further benefit him.
- Free Trial: Once you bring your users into the flow, you can give them a free version of your service. Any user will be convinced if he sees some value in your service, and to make it happen, you need to let them use your service. Throughout users' free trial period, you need to communicate the value of your service.
- User tips message: Once you onboard your user, then you can guide him on how he can explore your website; you can give him a walkthrough by your tips and notifications. You need to follow a flow so that users will feel familiar.
- Sales touch: If your user has a free subscription or you want to encourage your user to upgrade his existing plan, then you need to convince him through your proposed value, customer must experience your value, and later you may give him the option to upgrade.
- User reviews: You can share the experience of a few satisfied customers to boost the confidence of users; this strategy helps to convert a free trial customer into a paid one. User reviews also show that those who have already experienced your products are quite satisfied.
- Welcome offers: Still, after all of the above methods, if your users have not opted for your paid subscription, then you need to lure them with exciting offers. You may also give discounts to make them your paid customers.
4. Wishlist reminder Emails: Even after implementing hundreds of marketing strategies, spending a lot of money on paid advertising and promotion, eCommerce websites struggle to boost their sales. It may be because of various reasons. Once the sales start plateauing, then Marchant starts to explore innovative options to market and deploy new technologies, and they end up spending more and more money. But the thing they don't realize is that many existing features are not being used to their full potential, and a wishlist is one of such amazing features you might not be focusing on.
- A wishlist is an amazing feature that enables consumers to save the product to buy it later. When a consumer has not made any decision regarding buying the product but still wants to add it to the cart just because he likes it or maybe he wants to buy it after a few days, in such a situation add to wishlist feature comes very handy. People add products to their wishlist majorly because
- Not sure what to buy: When people have not made the decision of buying the product, but later in the future, they think that they can take a call and don't want to miss out, the Add to wishlist feature comes to their help.
- Simplify the buying process: When you add any product to the wishlist, you don't have to search it again. Just open the wishlist, and you can directly check your product.
- To compare prices: If you want to compare the price of more than two similar products, a wishlist comes to your rescue.
- Product is out of Stock: Generally, highly demanded products get out of stock very fast, so consumers can add that product to the wishlist so that when in future it will be available, they can get a notification for the same.
You just need to trigger them for the final purchase of the item. Your email can act as a reminder for the customers who are really interested in buying the product. Also, you can give special offers to them in order to motivate the buyer to grab the deal and complete the purchase process.
5.Smart product recommendation Emails: Customers really get excited when they see any product recommendations that really suit their choice and which they have been looking for. It is based on the algorithms which takes several factors into consideration and then they come up with the recommendations. The factor consists of the activity time of the user, past purchases, product in the Wishlist, products in the cart, similar products, and highest rated products. The factor may vary depending upon the merchant’s choice. Product recommendation really works as it is based on customers’ choices and a Clear call to action motivates them to take action. Product recommendation emails can be bulk and personalized. Bulk emails are generally promotion and advertising emails where data of new users is not sufficient to recommend the products. Personalized emails are based on the behavioral data of the customers and generally, it is meant to trigger the customer to buy the recommended product. You can recommend your customers product based on different algorithms, which are
- Similar products
- New arrivals
- Price drop alerts
- Most viewed
- Top-rated products
- Personal recommendations