By now you would have understood what are the Push notifications and how does it work, but what is the modus operandi behind it, why do we use push notification strategy in digital marketing. The answer is to generate leads. Most of you must have heard about this term, but for newbies, we would like to simplify it. Leads are the people, contact, or any other person who has an inclination towards your service or has an intent to subscribe to the same. A Lead may or may not end up becoming become your customer, but he will give you a hint at least once that will indicate he is interested in your service/business to seek a solution for his query. So in this article, we will be explaining to you a few tools to generate leads.
To run a lucrative business, it is very essential to have regular flow of leads. For instance every person visiting your website is a lead, you need to draw strategies on how to convert these leads into paid customers. In earlier days, companies would ask customers their email address, contact number and other personal information for leads generation. But nowadays, people have become very reluctant to share their personal information because they know once they will give their information, companies are going to bombard their inbox with hundreds of spam messages. This is where Push notification will help you. With very minimum or no information, Push notification allows you to send notification to customer on their web browser without installing any app. But, you need to show them value in your service and you need to clearly communicate them that how your company/service will benefit them. You need to persuade the customers psychology by showing them benefits. Once user allows you to send notifications, then you can nurture your relationship with them, eventually converting them into paid customer.
5 ways which can help you to generate leads:
Segmentation: One of the prominent ways of generating leads is segmentation. When a user subscribes to the push notification of your website, you have zero ideas about the customer and what is his intent to be on your website. So if you promote any product or service to him, there are high chances that the user will ignore it or it will not be something he is looking for. But when you start noticing his action on your website, you can definitely identify or tag him. For example, if a user is repeatedly searching for T-shirts and Jeans, then you can conclude he is interested in men's casual apparels and later you can send relevant notifications to him. once you form your own segments, you can make your own flow of notification which will suit their interests and persuade them to buy your paid services/products. You can segment your users based on
- Gender: One of the basic factor of differentiation among your customers is gender. You need to recommend products to the customer according to their respective gender. This makes your job simple and you can focus on targeting right audience with relevant notifications.
- Location: You may have customers from all over the world, Thus it is also very important factor to take care of while campaigning or recommending products. for example if you are an apparel brand and you want to introduce summer collection, then you need to target only that audience who lives in country where current climate is hot.
- Active/Inactive customers: Another category you must focus is active and inactive customers. Your content, offerings and approach to market the product to active and inactive customers can never be same. You need to handle them with different manner. For example, you need to send different set of notification, like fresh sale, current offering and upcoming sale content to the current customers whereas for inactive customers, you need to attract them with special offers and benefit to bring them back
Flow: Once a new user visits your website, there are high chances he would never visit again if you do not maintain a relationship with him. Also, he might not know all the services/products you offer to him. So to maintain the relationship with the user and to enlighten him with your offerings, flow acts as a very essential tool. Flows are nothing but series of automated/Pre-programmed notifications which are sent to users after frequent intervals triggered by the actions of the user. Flow notifications start with a welcome message followed by the user guide, product information updates, and later call to action. Notification flow may vary from person to person depending upon their activities, preferences, and choices. But from understanding perspective, we will show you how an flow works and what kind of notification you must send according to its sequence
- Welcome message: Once an user opt to subscribe your push notification service, you can greet him with a welcome message. It must include what business you do and how customer will benefit through your service. Also, you must clearly communicate to him that you are going to send a series of notification which will further benefit him.
- Free Trial: Once you bring your users into the flow, you can give them a free version of your service. Any user will be convinced if he see some value in your service and to make it happen you need to let them use your service. throughout users free trial period, you need to communicate value of your service.
- User tips message: You once you onboard your user, then you can guide him that how can he explore your website, you can give him a walkthrough by your tips and notifications. You need to follow a flow so that users will feel familiar.
- Sales touch: If your user is having free subscription or you want to encourage your user to upgrade his existing plan, then you need to convince him through your proposed value, customer must experience your value and later you may give him option to upgrade.
- User reviews: You can share experience of a few satisfied customers to boost the confidence of users, this strategy helps to convert free trial customer into a paid one. User reviews also shows that those who have already experienced your products are quite satisfied.
- Welcome offers: Still after all of the above methods if your users have not opt for your paid subscription, then you need to lure them with exciting offers. You may also give discounts to make them your paid customers.
Personal Connection: Best part about the web push notifications is it allows to make bond with your users. Any user will like to visit your webpage if you create, communicate and deliver value to him. You can personalize your communication which will also help to make a bond. This bond will remain as long as you are serving value to your users. You can take help of push notification to deliver the value in terms of personalized offers, discount or any other loyalty program. You can also send them abandoned cart reminders to increase your sales. Also, if you lost connection with any user, you can simply send them a reminder mail or rebuild the connection. You can even send survey forms to the users to measure their satisfaction level, then you can review your strategy to persuade them and make appropriate changes so that eventually you can convince them to become your customer.
Reaching out to your niche: There are hundreds of groups and communities on every social media platform like Facebook, linkedIn, reddit, slack and etc. Discussing about the product or service you offer. These people are the potential leads you should look for. Such groups are very sensitive and must be handled with caution. Before approaching them for any offer, you must be a part of it, Start interacting them as you are one of them. Understand their behavior, try to answer their query and seek solutions of their problems regarding the service. Post the messages that has some value and fresh content which they can enjoy. Once they start appreciating your articles or blogs, then you can give them option to subscribe to you.
Giveaway contests: Giveaway contests are a very creative way of generating leads especially when you have just entered into the business. You can have various contests for which you can ask people to register, asking them to subscribe for the same. Then you can run the contest to promote your product/service on any platform from where potential users belong to. As a price, you can send them your product for free or if you are a Saas company, then you may give the paid plan of 3 months to use, so that later in the future they may like your service and become your paid customers. To other participants, you can give a discount or coupon code as a reward so that they can also use your service.
These are some effective tricks to generate high-quality leads, by implementing these strategies, you will surely generate a great number of leads and later you may turn them into your customers.