A lot of advanced marketing techniques have emerged in the last few decades and have excelled since the internet became a household thing. Marketing agencies have tried every technique to check how do they perform. But one strategy that has remained constant, in fact improved itself with time, is Email marketing. You must be wondering why Email marketing is so popular that even after a lot of years after its emergence, it is still the primary channel of digital marketing. We’ll suggest you take a minute and think about yourself. Whenever you open your smartphone, you will see a lot of notifications that you will probably just ignore, but you will never ignore emails. Emails are so powerful that it attracts users attention and seldom it goes unnoticed. Emails are crafted in such a way that it ensures customers read and open them.
The main attribute of the attention-grabbing capacity of emails is the internet. In the last 20 years, Smartphones and the internet have revolutionized our life. Especially after the pandemic, our dependence on smartphones and the internet has increased exponentially. From ordering food to working from home, we do all our daily work on the internet. Email is the main communication channel we depend upon and which users can not afford to ignore. Thus, marketers are also capitalizing on the internet’s primary communication channel and utilizing its ability for business growth.
Advantages of Email Marketing
Attention-grabbing ability: As we already discussed, emails are given very high importance in people's day-to-day lives. Using this attention to market the product is an amazing channel to grow your business.
Pocket Friendly: One of the reasons email marketing is able to not only survive but increase its scale is pocket friendliness. Among all marketing channels, email marketing is one of the cheapest alternatives.
More than marketing: Emails are not just used to promote and sell your products. That is the last thing any online store owner world does. Email marketing is much more than selling. Emails are the perfect way to onboard new customers, make them familiar with your offerings. Demonstrate the functions and specifications of your product and how the customer is going be benefitted after using them.
Increases lead to paid customer conversion: As discussed above, how emails can be used to onboard a new customer. Once the company succeeds in conveying the true value of the product, customers will definitely buy it. That’s why email marketing has a high conversion rate.
Raise brand awareness: Emails are an excellent way to engage with customers, understand their needs, and provide them what they want. You can specifically target the audience whom you want to become your customer. Once you start sending relevant emails to them, people also start recognizing you as a valuable company.
How to create a working plan for Email marketing for Smartphones
- Select appropriate email marketing tool: Depending on your business scale, you will have to buy an email marketing software that fulfills your business demands. You can not manually write an email to everyone, and to send hundreds of emails to your different customers, you will need capable software.
- Start building your email list: Start campaigns to add people to your email lists. You can give rewards and incentives to join. You need to remember that all the people who will be joining your email list will not be your customers. So always world towards adding more people into your funnel.
- Determine the goal of your email campaign: Your email marketing campaign must have a definite goal that is practical, feasible, and achievable. For example, once a new customer joins signs in for your emails, your immediate goal must be onboarding. Once the onboarding process is complete, your next goal must be converting him into a paid customer.
- Decide the number of Emails: You must be very clear with when and what email you are going to send. Before execution, your plan must be ready. Also, remember that more emails are just going to annoy your customers. So it would help if you found a fine balance between the number of emails.
- Email copy: Copy of your email must be very elegant and good-looking, content must be very easy to understand, and add images to make it more interesting. The message must be interactive, and it should be valuable to the customers.
- Analysis: You can track the performance of your email marketing campaign. Use relevant metrics to monitor the effectiveness.
Making Emails mobile friendly
If we are creating an email marketing campaign, why do we need to focus on email marketing for smartphones? After the emergence of smartphones, users started using email from their mobile, which is increasing significantly. So now, actually majority of the users are using emails from their smartphones. While we create and craft emails, we are doing it on Computer monitors, but those emails will be read on mobile, so there are a lot of factors we need to consider, and we need to modify several things so that email would look good on mobiles. Otherwise, emails would look unorganized and fail to create an impact on your potential buyers.
- Keep the message concise: One thing you always need to keep in mind while making email for mobile is, your mobile readers have very little patience to read long messages. If they see your email is long. They will just ignore it. So you must create an email copy for mobile in such a way that it conveys your message as well, as it is very short and simple. Also you can use bullet points to convey the important information and italics and other characters to attract the attention for some points. Moreover, you can convey important points through images which will attract more attention than simple text.
- Keep the URL short: As the screen of smartphones is small as compared to PC, you need to manage the space appropriately. Make sure your URL is short. A long URL is going to take a lot of space which in turn reduces the space o your email content.
- Use eye-catching subject line: Depending upon the nature of your business, you can get creative as far as subject lines are concerned. If you are a company that deals with very formal customers, you can use business quotes, proverbs, and quotes by millionaires as a subject line to attract users' attention. If you are an e-commerce company serving the youth, then you can use your full creativity. You can get funny, humorous, use ongoing trends and memes that the youth will like, and make sense with your content, which is more important.
- Call to action: All your efforts will go into vain if you are not able to place a clear CTA at the appropriate location. You must understand the right positioning of the CTA plays a crucial role. It must be positioned near the image of the product or near the features. You can also use multiple CTA, but don't make it look desperate.
- Mobile friendly look: Every email marketing tool will have this option. Once you craft your email, check the mobile-friendly look of the email. It will show how your email appears on the mobile screen. It will give you a clear idea about the appearance of the email. You can check whether there is any distortion or formatting is getting disturbed. You can even design the email separately for mobiles, but most email marketing tools automatically do it. You just need to make sure it is coming out to be perfect and make few necessary tweaks to suit the mobile screen.
Email marketing campaigns to target Smartphone users
As the average age of mobile phone users is less than the average age of pc or laptop users, you as a businessman specifically target this age group through email marketing for smartphone users. This audience is very shopaholic, and they don't miss any opportunity to grab attractive deals. So you can run separate campaigns to tap such audience on different occasions like
- Holiday/summer offers: Mobile users wait for special offers like Christmas, summer sales, festive season sales so that they can buy their favorite products at comparatively lower prices. You, as a businessman, also need to ramp up your marketing. Start making buzz by sending them updates regarding the upcoming sale. Don't give all the information in a single mail. Send a series of emails over a certain period before the actual sale begins. Increase the excitement among the users by announcing rewards and discounts.
- Organize survey events: The best way to know the current trend and demand of the customers is by inviting them to survey. Remember, customers won't turn up for the survey if they don't get anything in return. So give them an incentive to participate in the surveys.
- Get Creative: Young audience likes creativity. Understand their taste and what kind of content they like. This can be determined through your company’s social media pages. Feed them the content they enjoy through the newsletters. If they like your content, then they will definitely love to read your emails.
- Vocal for Local: If your audience belongs to niche communities or specific ethnicities, you can provide them with content in their native languages. You can even use local phrases, slang, and words they use in their community so that they can quickly relate and like your content and emails.