Shopify has become an one stop destination for modern-day buyers and sellers. There are over more than 5 Lac Shopify stores serving around 218 million consumers all around the globe. So you could just imagine how humongous this online bazaar has become. As this platform evolved, marketing strategy also evolved with it. Gone are the days of traditional marketing strategies where merchants just relied on old tips and tricks to lure the customers. With modern time, new tools like web push notifications have come to the rescue merchants.
But why such craze for Shopify?
- Easy to set up: If you want to create your own Shopify store, you don't have to be a tech-savvy person. Shopify is designed in a way such that it has ready made templates and themes with drag and drop option, which allows any merchant to build his complete store within a few hours. Along with that you get more than 100+ payment gateways which enables a smooth transaction. Moreover you get web store as well as mobile store without any extra hassle.
- Easy to Manage: Shopify gives you full access to HTML and CSS of your site, which enables you to modify your store according to you. Shopify can be used from any platform, PC, mob, laptop, or any other device. You can even track order trends and your web page traffic and detailed information regarding demand and sales. Automated calculation of tax and shipping charges can also be done depending upon the location of the customer.
- Store Management: Most of the features on Shopify are automated, like you can allow Shopify to take care of your orders, packaging, logistics and delivery. Or you can partner with a service provider like Amazon. Moreover, Shopify can handle your return orders and its processing of payments. In addition, Shopify automatically calculates your inventory and send you Inventory report with all necessary details.
- SEO & Marketing: Shopify provides top notch SEO services like giving perfect names and titles to your pages to increase your visibility, or you can even opt to plug in the other SEO add on to increase your reach among the customers. As far as response time of the webpage is concerned, Shopify provides very quick reloading without any adieu. Also, you can integrate your Shopify store with the social media platform like Facebook and Twitter. Customers can buy your products directly from Facebook and Twitter without being redirected to your Shopify store.
- Top-Notch Support: If you get stuck in the middle, Shopify provides 24x7 support to you through chat, email or call. Shopify has dedicated help center which has guide, tutorials and FAQ's related to various topics. Moreover, Shopify gives technical support as they have a special team of developers, engineers, and advisors called Shopify experts. So if you need any assistance, Shopify comes to your rescue whenever you need.
- Exceptional Security: Security is one of the most important aspects of online business and online transactions. Safety and security of Personal detail and bank details of merchants and customers is sacrosanct for Shopify. Their 256-bit built-in SSL or Secure Sockets Layer certificate protects the website from hackers and encrypts all the important data. In addition, Shopify is Level- 1 PCI compliant, enabling customers to do transactions using their credit or debit card with utmost security.
Why Shopify users must use Web Push Notifications?
Every digital entrepreneur uses social media and email marketing to marketing and promote his online business. But customers have become resistant to these marketing campaigns, and as time passed, these strategies have become less and less effective. Thus, any entrepreneur needs to reach out to his customer, give him updates regarding every activity, inform him about sales, offer, etc. That's why Web push notification comes into the picture. Most of you might know about what are web push notification, but for those who are encountering this term for the first time, it is notifications that a user receives on a desktop or mobile regardless of the thing that you are active on the respective site or not. These notifications do not need any app and do not ask for any personal details like email or contact number. It is an effective strategy to implement into your business and change the users into customers or inactive users into active ones. Now let's have a look at what magic Web push notifications does for Shopify merchants
- Easy Installation: We assume that everyone of you uses an Android or IOS smartphone. So you must be dealing with play store and App store on a daily basis. To install any app on your smartphone, you just have to search that app and tap the install button and you are done. The same is the case with Shopify, you just have to search the app for web push notifications and press the install button. Once the app is installed, you just need to configure the setting according to your requirements, and then you are done. It is as simple as that!
- Design: Creating and running a push notification campaign on Shopify store is very easy and simple. To make it more effective and efficient, it has lot of features which you can utilize like
- Emojis: To look your web push notifications more visually appealing, you can add emojis to it. Any title would look better if you add relevant emoji to it. This makes your notification easier to be get opened.
- Multi-Action: You can even add two calls to action in a single notification. There are lot of product which are gender-specific. So if you want to run any apparel sale and target both men and women, you can add two CTA buttons with different images.
- Large Image: Humans are designed to get attracted by aesthetic, so rather than sending a text notification, you can add a picture with all the details you want to communicate.
- Push Notification Campaigns: Campaigns are the most important part of web push notifications. On Shopify, you can start the campaign with a single click. There are multiple templates available to choose and edit the emails within it and make necessary changes according to your campaign. Another important part it you can set trigger so if any customer has not opened any email so further email wont be sent to him, Instead you can send him reminders. There are lot of other features of web push notification campaigns which are as follows
- Abandoned Cart notifications: If you want to boost your sales and generate the extra revenue, abandoned cart emails are the most effective way of doing it. You can send reminders to your customer that you have added this product and remind them to check out. This is a very tried and tested method to boost the revenue on which you can capitalize.
- Browse Abandonment: Shopify can even track the users who browsed certain product and left the site without shopping. In this way, you can prompt the user using notification to buy that specific product.
- Flow: Flow is a series of automated notifications designed in a such way when a new user sign up for Shopify, Flow is triggered and series of notification starts with a welcome message and as he proceeds further, his action trigger further automated notification, like usage tips, product/offer notification, etc.
- Segmentation: When a user subscribes to the push notification of your website, you have zero idea about the customer and what is his intent to be on your website. So if you promote any product or service to him, there are high chances that the user will ignore him or it will not be something he is looking for. But when you start noticing his action on your website, you can definitely identify or tag him. For example, if a user is repeatedly searching for T-shirts and Jeans, then you can conclude he is interested in men's casual apparels, and later you can send relevant notifications to him. once you form your own segments, you can make your own flow of notification which will suit their interests and persuade them to buy your paid services/products.
- A/B Testing: Another excellent feature of web push notification is A/B testing, it allows you to make two different variants of notification, and then you can send them to different groups of customers. then you can track which kind of notification has performed better. thus it allows you to experiment with the notification and you can analyze what kind of design and content should be used. You can even test title, content, image, description using A/B testing.
- Different Time zone: If you have users from various countries with different time zones, you cannot notify everyone at once. Some people might be working at the office, keeping their mobile silent or some people sleeping. So, you need to segment them according to their respective time zones so that you could send them notifications at different times. Also, you need to find that perfect time where your user is not doing anything else like working or engaged in his daily routine such that he can not spare him time for your notifications. Else, your efforts will go wasted.
We hope you liked this article and it has helped you to understand how Shopify web push notification helps merchants. If you have any query, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org